old addresses

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by delphipgmr, Aug 5, 2008.

1. delphipgmr

delphipgmr Member

on my CB, there are a bunch of old addresses, some arent even right (never lived there).

how can i remove old addresses... here is the thing, i have a state tax lien that is pointing to an old address, and i want to remove the address before disputing it as "not mine" (it actually isnt mine, but im not getting anywhere with the state tax dept)

i moved out of state from that address 5 years ago, and have moved several times since.

looking at the address line, it looks like this:

123 main st, somewhere, state since 02-02 rptd 05-08 (xpn)

so xpn reported it on 5/08 (date of lien filed)

can i get it removed? i havent lived there since 2003, or will they not remove it because the address was reported bt a lien?

I figure ill wait a year or so, then dispute the lien.

btw, the lien is bogus... it was from sales tax, never had any due, but i didnt file the return.. .the $50 penalty, is now $6,000... thats right, $6K for not filing an $0 return...

2. greg1045

greg1045 Well-Known Member

Getting rid of old addresses on your CR is an exercise in/of futility. These idiots at the CRAs claim that addresses are public information. Hell, one of my CRs still has an address from 1985 - 23 years listed.

3. delphipgmr

delphipgmr Member

actually, i have my moms house still on there.. i moved out at 19, im now 43...

4. dragracr36

dragracr36 Active Member

When I pulled the annual report for my husband and myself this year I was able to update Transunion online to our current address only. Experian let me remove a few addresses online so I sent a letter for the others (no response yet). And I also sent Equifax a letter since they cannot be done online. Still haven't heard from them yet either.